Sunday, September 18, 2011

One Thing I Have Learned

I've learned so much about myself since Allen's injury.  One of the biggest things I have learned though is to not be judgemental.  I didn't think that I was judgemental before, but now I know I really was.  And, I'm sure that I still am to some degree.  However, this something that I am constantly reminding myself of and working on to make myself a better person.

It sickens me to over hear people's conversations while out in public.  People can be so rude and not even know they are being rude.  Today Allen and I stopped by a store on our way home from his doctor's appointment.  We are pretty used to getting comments and questions about Frankie so people talking to us or watching us isn't too out of the normal.  However, the comments that I hear sometimes are really rude and tend to stay with me.  I know I should just let them go, but I have a hard time doing that.  Today we were standing in line to check out.  We were the 3rd people in line and Allen was having a hard time being in the line.  So, I gave him the keys so he could go on out to the truck and wait for me.  The line in this particular store is one line and it is all blocked in and you have to go through the entire line to get up to the registers.  Instead of going all the way back through the line, he excused himself and walked past the 2 women in front of us and then out the door to the truck.  He was polite, said excuse me and everything.  After watching him get completely out the door, woman #1 turns to woman #2 in front of me and says, "why in the world did he just come all the way through the line to get to the door?"  Obviously she didn't know he was with me.  And really, it wasn't anything that I should take personal but it made me really mad.  I didn't say anything to her, but really wish I would have.

I just wish people would realize that everyone has issues and no one is better than the next guy.  I wrote this much of this entry a few days ago and have let it sit here, not sure if I wanted to post it or not.  I felt strongly that I needed to write something about this topic, just wasn't sure this is the way I wanted to go. Just a few minutes ago, I found another post about this same topic.  I just think it says it much better than I did.  So, here is the link to it.  Please take the time to read it.  It might just might change your life.  http://bravegirlsclub.com/archives/2151  If it gives you something to think about, please leave me a comment!

Even Now.........Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment