Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Crazy Life Just Got a Little Crazier

It's been awhile since I blogged or at least I've slowed down on my posts lately.  I've been crazy busy and have not had time to be on the computer at all.  So, lots of updates I need to write about!!

First of all, Dreyson has kept me incredibly busy running him to rehearsal's at Starlight Theatre which is an hour drive from our house.  He has rehearsal everyday for his role in the upcoming musical, The King and I which is starring Lou Diamond Phillips as the King.  Dreyson is loving every minute of it and I think I am getting more worn out than he is!!

Next, we have sold our house!  This is both good and bad.  The good news is that we sold our house in this economy pretty quickly.  The bad news is that as of June 10 we will be homeless.  We originally were not supposed to close on our house until July 1, but today that all got moved up because of some stuff with Allen, which I'll explain in a minute.  So, for now, the boys and I will be staying with family for awhile.  We are frantically packing and moving stuff to storage in between trips to Starlight.  Panic is beginning to set in!!

Now, for Allen.  When I was in DC in May, I met Gen Chiarelli who offered assistance to us in getting Allen some much needed help.  His office has arranged for him to go back to Walter Reed and then onto Bethesda for his TDRL exam, and to get some further testing and a better treatment plan in place.  We will both be placed on Invitational Travel Order's as he cannot travel alone or be left alone.  I will be his NMA and we are supposed to plan on being there for 3-4 weeks.  They originally wanted us to go next week, but I had to have a couple of weeks to finish this house sale and get Dreyson through The King and I.  The boys will be staying here with family, so once again, we will all be separated again.  However, hopefully this will be a huge step in getting Allen some further testing and some much needed answers.

Just like everything else we've been through, we will get through all of this as well and be stronger and a closer family when we are on the other side.  I just hope that after all of this and we get a new home, our life will get a little less chaotic and more peaceful.

Even Now.......Gina

1 comment:

  1. Well, God works in mysterious ways. Maybe I will get to see you while you are here. I pray that there will be answers. I am happy your home was sold. It will all work out Gina. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete